During one of the ShipIt days here at Atlassian I started on a plugin for Confluence to easily add stock quotes to your pages and have them update automatically. Didn’t quite finish the plugin during the 24 hours, but continued work in my own time and now the project is open sourced and can be found on BitBucket.
- Log into your Confluence instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Add-ons. The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate Stock Quotes for Confluence via search. Results include add-on versions compatible with your Confluence instance.
- Click Install to download and install your add-on.
- You’re all set! Click Close in the Installed and ready to go dialog.
How does it work?
Create a new page or edit an existing one and type a $ to start. A search dialog will open and get populated while you’re typing. You can either use the name of the company, e.g. Google, or the name of the symbol, for Google this is ‘GOOG’
Now just save the page and you’re done! Use them to create a watch list or just add them to a body of text.
- Add stock quotes inline.
- Stock quotes will automatically update in a 60 second interval when the markets is open.
- Hover over a quote to get a 3 month chart with a 50 day MA
Quotes are supplied by the Yahoo! finance API as is and delayed by 20 minutes.